Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Vichy Capital Soleil Micro-Fluid SPF 50+ VS. La Roche-Posay Antelios XL Extreme Fluid SPF 50+

Hi everyone!
I did a little research on two very similar products with actually the same purpose - to protect us from sunscreen. At first, I thought that they are the same thing with different labels, but they don't. So, what's the deal with this product in general? This product gives your skin the optimal protection against the dangerous effects of the sun mainly incluced by UVB and UVA rays. It's really important to use this kind of products in the summer I think. So, what actually UVB and UVA rays do?
UVB - They stimulate tanning and are mainly responsible for damage.
UVA - They deeply penetrate the skin and can reach the dermis. UVA rays are more insidious because they are painless. They can accelerate skin aging and can cause sun intolerances (Polymorphous Light Eruption) and hyperpigmentations (pregnancy mask, brown spots).
UVA, as well as UVB, may cause invisible damage to skin cells DNA and can lead to skin cancers on the long term.
This facial liquid emulsion absorbed very quickly to the skin and doesn't keep your skin oily or shiny as the most sunscreen protecting products do. It perfectly matches to problematic or sensitive skin. It says that this product doesn't block the pores or cause to breakouts. So, what's the difference between these two products?
First of all, the labels are different, the right product is by La Roche-Posay and the left one is by Vichy. They are both French and also they are both very famous brands. The La Roche-Posay one have more product in the bottle, it contains 50 ml in it as opposed to the Vichy which contains 40 ml in it. Since they have the same price, I think that the La Roche-Posay one is more worthwhile than the Vichy.
They both claim to do the same thing, to protect the skin and to mattify the face a little bit as well. I actually believe that they are both can do it without any problem since they both are very liquidy and have a very light constancy. The question is if they are safe enough to use them on skin with acne or other problems which can attend on very sensitive skin. The answer is - Yes, they are... But there is another thing that bothers me a little bit...
As you can see, the most of the components in this products are the same (in green). But they have different components too (in red) and I noticed that the second component in the Vichy is Cyclopentasiloxane which is actually a type of silicone. The fact that this silicone component is the second one on the list means that the product has a lot of it inside. I don't know about you but I had very bad period with my skin when I used silicone primers and since then I avoid products with a high silicone constancy. Also the Vichy product have Glycine Soja Oil in it and I don't understand why but I know that oily components and silicons can block your pores and we don't want to let this happen.
Overall, I think that the La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL Extreme Fluid SPF 50+ is better for my skin than the Vichy Capital Soleil Micro-Fluid SPF 50+. I have oily-combination skin and I think that they are both don't makes your skin oily or shiny and they are both protect your skin in the same way. But I think that the La Roche-Posay have more natural components and less silicons and other chemicals which is always better for any skin type, especially if you have pimples or other blemishes on your skin.
Swatch of Vichy Capital Soleil Micro-Fluid SPF 50+
Swatch of La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL Extreme Fluid SPF 50+
The La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL Extreme Fluid SPF 50+ have a filtering system combining Mexoryl® SX and XL, patented and photostable UVB-UVA filters and the Senna Alata, cell protector of a natural origin offers a double evolution. I highly recommend you this amazing product. If you have oily-combination skin like I have, this can be a great solution for you for the hot summer days.

2 comments:

  1. אחלה סקירה! חייבת לנסת עכשיו.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read each and every comment! ♥

If you leave your blog link I would be happy to have a look at your blog and if I like it I'll follow. BUT if you comment asking me to follow you and in return you'll follow me back, I probably won't even look at your blog. I'm not interested in reading blogs that are only interested in more followers.